Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Sun and the Moon


I finally finished the border and binding on this sun-face quilt. 
There are not really enough squares to get the full effect of the CourtHouse Steps design, but it is a gift for Bob's daughter Laura, and I didn't want it to be too big since it will be a wall hanging.

I like doing a pieced border, especially when I can "fussy-cut" those fun sun-faces and moon faces.

This was my opportunity to practice free-motion machine quilting in all those little rectangles. Some are better than others.

This was a wonderful color mix to work with. I have another gift to make by August, and I am going to try the "Storm at Sea" block , which is another block I've been wanting to try. I think it will be good with this two color design, and I know the person it is for loves the "celestial" theme. I have plenty of the focus fabric, so I'll add that quilt to my list of things to do this summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment