Sunday, April 19, 2009

Laura's new Quilt





Here is Laura in her new room, with her new quilt behind her. (That's me, too, and at least I have my eyes open in this picture!)

She and her husband Dan have just finished this beautiful room in the lower level of their home (aka, the basement). Talk about "the Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts"!  They did a beautiful job, and I'm sure it will be a cozy spot to relax in.  They have great taste, and a wonderful sense of color, and I always like seeing her latest decorating ideas.

They had everyone for dinner last night, and the weather was so nice, we got to dine al fresco. Yesterday was the opening of the two-week Derby festival. We could see the air show from their house, and after dinner, it was time for Thunder Over Louisville, a spectacular fireworks show at the river. My favorite part is always the fireworks "waterfall" off the bridge. I never get tired of that!

Thanks, Laura and Dan for getting everyone together! It was wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say that the wall hanging that
    Marilyn has made for us is just beautiful. This picture doesn't show all of the stitching that went into this piece. She has patterns going all through it and I've never seen anything like it. Her visions are paintings made from pieces of fabric.

    ReplyDelete