Friday, April 17, 2009

ROAD TRIP


This was the best weather today that we have had all week. We made another delivery to the Kentucky Artisan Center at Berea, Kentucky, and it was so beautiful along the way. Things look a lot more like spring than they did a week ago. I especially like the redbuds out in the woods along the road.  Also saw lots of tulips in all colors.

I was able to make a quick stop at Making Ends Meet in Shelbyville. I hadn't been there in years, and they always have great fabrics. Most of what they have is drapery material and home decorating fabrics, at greatly discounted prices. But they also have some quilting cottons, so it's fun to look.

I am starting to collect fabrics for the baby quilt. I learned that the room is painted "Dreamsicle" orange, rather than just "orange" as I had been told before. 

I couldn't resist this checkerboard fabric. I'm not sure what it is, but it will be great backing for the quilt, and there's plenty left for valances and pillows. It is a delicious color, and lovely texture...

No comments:

Post a Comment