Saturday, April 25, 2009

Springtime in Louisville


I haven't written for a couple of days. On Thursday, Bob and I drove to Lexington with another  delivery to Artique Gallery. They are good customers for Bob's work, being in "Horse Country." It is near the end of the spring meet at Keeneland, and it is a beautiful area.

Then  yesterday, we drove to Nashville, TN, to see a friend from Colorado, who was visiting her son. Another lovely drive. The azaleas and dogwoods were in bloom; Nashville is about 180 miles south of here, and so more things were in bloom, like the locust trees. Let's hope the honey bees take advantage of the blossoms before a big rain knocks them off. We only see this friend once in a blue moon, and she left a three-foot snowfall in Colorado to arrive in Tennessee in 85 degree summer-like weather. She really was NOT enjoying the humidity!


This morning was perfect for an early morning bicycle ride.  As we rode up the hill to the end of our street,  I thought there must have been a geological shift since my last ride up that hill. When I arrived at the top, really out of breath, I noticed my bike was in FIFTH gear! Must have been left over from riding in Florida in February.  It was sunny and breezy, and really pleasant to see all the tulips, azaleas and pink and white dogwoods in bloom

Today is a big day in the pre-Derby festivities. This morning was the mini-marathon and marathon. And it is the first day of Cherokee Triangle Art Fair. The annual Derby balloon race is also scheduled, but they are waiting for it to be less windy before the balloons can go up safely.  The balloons get better and more interesting every year, and I can usually see them from my house.




A friend gave me some outstanding irises two years ago, and they are the best I have ever had! They are about to bloom, and I can't wait!














No comments:

Post a Comment