Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rescue Me!




















I have been whining for a  few days about how difficult it is to do the quilting on this, with my small machine and my limited ability.

My machine quilting friend Anita Estes, has made some very helpful suggestions about what I could do to make it work. 

What I really wanted to do was to take the quilt to her and ask her to quilt it on her machine. But I knew how very busy she always is. Many times I have given her advice about how she needs to say "NO" to people who want her to put their quilt ahead of others on the docket, and finish theirs FIRST. So there was no way I was going to ask her to make an exception in my case.

I knew I had a deadline on this, so I was just going to keep moving and do the best I could. 

But I think Anita got interested in this, and thought about ways she could creatively quilt this, so she emailed me and said "Why don't you bring this by and let me look at it?" She said she had some ideas about how she would quilt it.

 So I am going to do just that, one day next week. This quilt is very small, compared to most of the full size, queen and king size quilts she works on, so it probably won't take her very long. It will be quite a relief to me. Now that I have the figures fused on, I don't want to ruin it, and it is stiff and hard to handle in my machine. 

I am very happy with the way the quilt has turned out so far. I love the colors and images, and think it will be a bright spot in the baby's room. The grandparents-to-be were here the other night, and loved seeing it. Since the baby's mother is from Alaska, and they live in Oregon now, the Northwest theme should work well.

If you want to look up Anita's blog it is: http://www.grannyspatches.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment