That's the good news.
The bad news is that I still haven't gotten very good at machine quilting, and that part is frustrating.
This the hard part for me - the machine quilting. I am doing part of the quilting on the background before I fuse the images on in the "frames."
But it's not going well.
I used thermore batting, because it's light, but the fabric doesn't cling to it. The backing is a light cotton, and I'm getting some unpleasant puckers and tucks on the back.
I know I'm not the first person this has happened to, but I have had so much fun with everything up to now on this quilt, and this is just a little setback.
If necessary, I will buy more of these two fabrics, and start this part over. Hope it doesn't come to that.
So far the front looks good. And since it is a wall quilt, I know the back won't show. However, it is a gift, so I want it to look as good as possible.
I couldn't sleep last night, so about 1:30 I started sewing this, but I spent more time with my little ripper than I did at the sewing machine.
Hope it goes better today!