Thursday, June 4, 2009

Phase IV






I took a walk last night instead of finishing sewing the rows and columns together.


This morning, I sewed the last few columns, and  I am really happy with the way it "works."

The curves created by straight lines show up well, and the two-color effect is good. There is a lot of movement in this design. I like it!





I know it could be even more effective if the piece were bigger, but this satisfies my wish to sew a "Storm at Sea" pattern, and the size is good for a wall hanging.

 Now all I have to do is get all the papers off the back. I use a vellum type paper, and very small stitch, so usually it comes off easily.

I'm off to aqua fitness now, and then this afternoon, I will get the batting and backing together, and do a little quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment