Friday, June 12, 2009

Another finished UFO



Here's a little foundation pieced  Carolina wren, based on a pattern by Brenda Groelz. I love her bird patterns. 


This is a wedding present for a very dear friend who moved to Clemson,  SC to coach the women's rowing team, and met and married a South Carolina girl shortly after he started his new job there.


The Carolina wren, the State Bird of South Carolina, is a darling little bird to sew, and  I also used it as an opportunity to practice thread painting. It adds extra dimension to the piece, especially on the bird's breast.


I love the colors in the hand-dyed background.


The inner border is Nancy Crow fabric, and I have never met a Nancy Crow fabric that I didn't love. The outer border is a piece I bought on my recent trip to Franklin TN, from Stitcher's Garden fabric store.

I'm ready now to move on to my next UFOs, two small bargellos that just need binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment