Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Phase III



Well, I have all the rectangles and squares foundation pieced, and they are ready to assemble.


I've checked that any squares that have a directional subject like a face or planet with rings are facing the right side up.

I always love working on geometric patterns, maybe that's related to my days as a mathematics teacher. (Although geometry was not my favorite subject to teach. I loved teaching algebra and trigonometry and calculus.) 

In any case, I know that a lot of quilting, especially traditional piecing, involves geometry, and I do love working with the patterns and shapes.



Now the moment of truth arrives. I am ready to start sewing the pieces together.


 It doesn't look like I have made a lot of progress on this, but I did a lot of other things today.  I have been doing some research for another quilt, and choosing fabrics for it. It's the next one I'm going to tackle. No matter how many times I say I'm going to finish some unfinished projects, I can't resist trying out my new ideas.


In the meantime, the next time I post a photo of this, it should be all in one piece, and be ready for some quilting and beading.





No comments:

Post a Comment