Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcome to Spring!


It is so comforting to know that Spring is here, buds are beginning to appear on trees, the jonquils and crocuses are up, and there is HOPE for better weather!

Instead of posting a predictable flower, I thought I'd show a beautiful skein of yarn I just got in the mail.

It is "blossom", a hand-dyed rayon yarn from the Great Adirondack Yarn Company. Although Great Adirondack Yarn is available locally, the yarns with the holographic hoops (called "Holo Hoops") are only available online.  They are from a company called "Ewe Need Yarn." Another good online yarn shop is Webster's.




I  also thought I would post this iris I made about a year ago from a photo of a Siberian iris in Bob's yard. 

It is one of my favorites, because of the hand-dyed greens in the background, and because it was one of my first quilts done from a photograph. It also has hundreds of beads on it, and an enameled dragonfly that I rescued from a lamp finial.


Anyway,  Best Wishes for Spring

















No comments:

Post a Comment