Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Japanese Farmhouse




Here's the third square I've made from my new Japanese quilt square book.  

All but the main  part of the house is fabric from Japan. The "mountains" are from fabric I got at St. Theresa's in Cincinnati. I will really miss that store! I think they will be open through January, with sales on what fabric is left, but when they close it will leave a vacuum, just like the closing of Baer's did in Louisville.







The mountain fabric is an ikat-like print, and I have used it in several bargellos. It is one of my favorite fabrics of all time, and I have it in two colors. 

If I were to make a New Year's resolution, it would be to start cutting into the special fabrics that I have been hoarding.

If I were to make any reflections on the year just ending, I would say that I made some strides in  exploring new techniques. I have several projects to show for that, including my orange baby gift with the Haida Art images on it, and the Prague quilt, just finished, and on its way to Prague next week.

Happy 2010, everyone!
















No comments:

Post a Comment