Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It Takes a Village




Here's the second square from my new book.

In English, the name of the square is "Village," and it is a companion square to the one I posted yesterday.

All of the fabrics are from Japan. What I learned, and I have mentioned before, is that when I order fabric from Japan, if you choose to have your package come over in a container, the postage only costs about $2.00 !


They tell you it might take up to 45 days to get here, but in fact, it usually arrives in about 4 days! A package of fabric is so small, it can be
 tucked in the big containers, and gets here quicker than an order from, say, Colorado, and for about 1/3 the cost of shipping.


I love these indigo fabrics, and I like the red accent and the flowers, too.

I used a few more of my dichroic beads on the butterflies, but they don't show up very well...

 
























No comments:

Post a Comment