Things have been a little unsettled here for over a week, while I got a new kitchen floor to replace the old one that had been ruined because of a plumbing leak.
The new floor is beautiful, and I am slowly getting things moved back into the kitchen, and trying to get back to "normal."
So I haven't done much sewing until yesterday and today.
I added a cow to the "stack" of animals I did several months ago, and did this little piece.
I added some machine stitched "vines" for texture, and then added some beads. The beads are lime green, and they add some life to the piece.
Recently, I splurged on some dichroic glass beads, and I used them for the eyes on the cow, the sheep and the hen. They have a sort of milky iridescence that I really like. I found them on line from a place in California, and when they came, I was surprised at how tiny the tube was. So I have used them sparingly so far, but I really like them.
I have two more animal pieces ready to work on, a silly dancing pig, and a cartoon-type dog. Right now, I have no "assignments", no challenges, and no deadlines, so I am just playing with fabric in my "spare" time.