Thursday, December 10, 2009

Coasting...





After finishing and delivering a big project, it is fun to "coast" a little now, and work on some smaller projects.

I am back to this little 9 x 11 scene for a friend's farmhouse kitchen. I am practicing some thread painting, and I love the simplicity and peacefulness of the design...

 





    

I have three of these trees to do, and it gives me a chance for some much-needed practice.


















I also treated myself to some new acid dyes for silk from Dharma, and bought some habotai silk to play with.

A year or so ago, I took a class on dyeing silk with  a vinegar and microwave method.

The habotai silk takes the dye so beautifully, and I like so many of the colors I got.

A few are disappointing when compared to the Procion MX dyes I use with cotton, but I really loved the teal and some of the other colors when paired with black.


I have no other pressing deadlines right now, and I just look forward to organizing my workroom and playing with some new thread and new fabric...



No comments:

Post a Comment