Sunday, May 22, 2011

Christmas in May



Ever since Baer's closed, it is almost impossible to get good quality silk in Louisville.

I have been ordering my silk from Waechter's in Asheville, and I have really enjoyed the good quality and the wonderful selection of colors, as well as their good service.

Last year, when I was looking for a particular color of aqua, I discovered Mary Jo's, also in North Carolina. Their prices are a little more affordable than Waechter's, and the quality of silk may be just a little less, but they have wonderful colors, and they also have good service.

Apparently, it is a big mega-store, that is almost overwhelming in person, and also, it is a difficult drive from Asheville, so I do not plan to go in person.

Recently, Waechter's increased their price on Dupioni silk, so I ordered these delicious colors from Mary Jo's.




When they came yesterday, it was just like Christmas. It was almost like an order from a specialty grocery - with names for the colors like "mango". "lime", "sorbet", "pistachio", and so on.

I can't wait to start using these.






























No comments:

Post a Comment