Saturday, August 15, 2009

A hot Saturday


No photo today, because I left the camera home again! Missed some good Kodak moments.

After finishing our Saturday errands, Bob and I went out to Anchorage again to enjoy the  bicycle & walking loop. I was on my bicycle, and Bob was on roller blades.

Although it was very hot and sunny by the time we started, it was breezy when I was moving, and there were lots of wildflowers and some wildlife to enjoy. 

My favorite wildflower, the purple ironweed, is in abundance all around the path, and there is also Queen Anne's lace, and other late summer flowering weeds. The path also goes through a field of soybeans, and a pumpkin patch with some plump pumpkins peeking out.

Just about the time I was regretting leaving my camera at home, I saw a beautiful indigo bunting perched on a fence. Darn! Maybe when we go tomorrow with my camera, I'll see him again...

Then tonight, we went to see the movie "Julie and Julia." It was really delightful. Of course, when I got home, I pulled my well-worn copy of  Mastering the Art of French Cooking off the shelf, and reminisced about  the days when I cooked a lot more and enjoyed it. Maybe I'll try her Boeuf Bourgignon again. But first, I'll learn how to spell it!  Anyway, it was a great movie, and I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment