Sunday, August 16, 2009

Early Morning Bicycling




We got out early this morning for a bicycle ride by the river.  There was still shade, and riding was very pleasant. Later in the day the temperature was over 90, so I was glad we had enjoyed it early.

I got to see lots of ironweed; it is really plentiful this  year. I also saw fields of sunflowers and other hearty looking August wildflowers.






















My Cardinal Creeper is finally getting the red blooms I have been waiting for. The vines are all over the place, and I'm hoping that it will attract some hummingbirds. Haven't seen very many this summer.

I plan to get back to my sewing tomorrow. I have several projects with deadlines, and I need to get busy on them!

Also, my quilt group meets tomorrow night. We are starting some group projects, fractured quilts, and I'm looking forward to starting on that.












No comments:

Post a Comment