Sunday, July 5, 2009

Progress Report






I haven't posted much lately, but I have been working!

Although this project isn't finished, I want to give a progress report. This juvenile sandhill crane is based on a photograph taken by my friend Mary Jane in Florida.

I love it when the sandhills fly over Louisville on their migration path, and the best part is listening to their distinctive calls. But some are resident in Florida, and raise their young, and stay put.



I just find the confident stride of this little fellow very appealing. 

I have wanted to do a quilt of the sandhills for a long time, and I even bought a pattern, but when I saw this photo, I knew I had to make my own pattern.

I will post some  photos of my process in a few days, but I just wanted to show where I am now.

Bob contributed some of the cute ideas for accessories, like the flip-flops and the ball cap. Some people have a muse, but he's my "amuse."

I hope this is the beginning of a series, like my flamingos that I did several years ago.

I love doing the feathers, and I think I need to do at least one more in the series , a female juvenile sandhill.

So this is what I have been amused by for the last month! It's not finished, but it just needs binding, and it will be ready to take to my Monday night quilt group, and then it will be heading to Florida as a gift.


















No comments:

Post a Comment