Saturday, July 23, 2011

Do Unto Others



I stepped out into a very hot morning, and was greeted by this adorable little mutt, who appeared to be a beagle/border collie mix.

Because of the heat, he was very thirsty, and I gave him water and some food.

He seemed very well behaved, and looked healthy.

I thought he must have run away, because he had ID tags on his collar. So I began making telephone calls to the number on the ID tag, and found that the listed owner lived way out in Okolona.

So I put him in my back yard, and drove out to Okolona, hoping to find his owner. The people listed were at home, but had given him away two years ago, so I was back to square one.

I then came home and called the Humane Society number, and tried to trace the owner through his rabies tag number.

That finally led me to another telephone number, so after one more call, I finally tracked down his current owner, who was VERY glad to be reunited with him.

Years ago, when I had golden retrievers, they escaped our fenced yard a couple of times, and I was very glad that other people helped me get them back home. So today, I was glad to spend the time, to get this cute little guy safely back home.

I was also very grateful that the Humane Society was so helpful in providing me with the information I needed to find his owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment