Saturday, November 27, 2010

Selvage Quilt Won a prize!







Several months ago, I posted pictures of this quilt that I made entirely from selvages.

It was for a show to be held in Burnsville, NC. I was fortunate enough to be in Burnsville in early August, when the show was held, so I got to see the show. There were several quilt shows around the Asheville, NC area at the same time.

(It was also the same week as the quilt shows in Berea, KY, where I did a demonstration at the Kentucky Artisan Center.)




I am happy to report that my selvage quilt won the selvage category of the show.

I have to confess that there were just a few pieces in the selvage category, and they were very traditional, as were most of the pieces in the entire show.







I have seen many quilts made with selvages, and virtually all of them were very linear, with lots of right angles and straight lines.

So I wanted to do something different, and made the water quilt with lots of curves. I also embellished it with beads.

I am still saving selvages, so maybe someday, I will get an inspiration to do another quilt with them.


















































1 comment:

  1. What a nice fish thanks to me for opening this site by luck. LOL

    Great jop

    ReplyDelete