Friday, October 23, 2009

"Wild Heart" by Robert Hartley II


Here are two views of the spectacular "Wild Heart" piece by Robert Hartley.

This is for the "Have a Heart" auction, coming up on November 17 at Pyro Gallery from 6 - 8 p.m.

Robert is, in my opinion, the most talented and imaginative fiber artist in my Monday night art quilt group at Forget Me Knot Quilt Shop in Mid-City mall.

Robert has won numerous awards for his work, and I was thrilled when he said he would do a heart for the auction. It adds a much needed textile and three-dimensional approach to a show that tends to be heavy on two-dimensional traditional art.

I am confident that his piece will be a "star" of the show, and I hope that it will stimulate an animated "bidding war" to benefit a very good cause, the Food Pantry for homeless people...



No comments:

Post a Comment