Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fifth in a series...







This bargello (and a detail shown) is the fifth and final in a series of five bargellos made with 18 of my favorite fabrics.

As I remarked in an earlier post about two years ago, using 18 fabrics changes the way one can design a bargello, and can result in a long skinny piece...

With just a few remaining strips I found in my UFO pile, I designed this one with only one repeat, but with the design symmetrical from top to bottom...

I put a fused applique of two Japanese ladies, and it fit well in the central "frame"







I never get tired of designing and making bargellos.

I am finishing another one now, with lime and black fabrics. Searching for and choosing the fabrics is a fun part of the process, and I have been collecting the lime green and black fabrics for over a year.

I will post pictures soon...


























No comments:

Post a Comment