I am making progress on quilting my silk nine-patch.
After my last post, I started having problems moving the fabric, when trying to free-motion quilt. I checked the usual suspects -- feed dogs, dust in the bobbin area, tension, etc.
Finally figured out that a piece broke off my darning foot, and the foot wasn't lifting when the needle went up.
So the next morning, I went to buy a new foot. While I was making the trip, I decided to take my machine for a tune-up.
So now I have the new foot, a smooth running machine, and no excuses!
I love the little tulip design I did on the green strip.
I am just trying various designs at random. My main goal is to get enough practice so my stitches and lines are smooth.
The silk is lovely to work with...
( I know the photos are not good, but I just wanted to post something, as proof that I am doing something!)
I recently had the opportunity to see a quilt show featuring the work of Valerie Goodwin and Yvonne Wells. I have been a fan of Valerie Goodwin's work for several years, and really enjoyed seeing her work in person for the second time. I also enjoyed the style of the work of Yvonne Wells - in some ways, reminiscent of the Gee's Bend style, although her quilts are pictorial.