Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Fractured Sunflower is finished!


My Monday night Group met this past Monday night, and everyone brought their finished quadrants for the sunflower.

We had agreed on each quadrant being 10" x 10", and the finished quilt was to be based on this photo (notice the bee in the lower right hand quarter.)






























This is my part, and I really enjoyed sewing the beads in the center, and using fusible on my green leaves, and machine embroidery.

My petals are hand-dyed fabric fused to some other yellow fabric, with wire in between to give them some dimension.




















Here is the finished product, mounted on a black  background. It was such fun seeing the pieces going together.

The whole is definitely greater than the sum of its parts.

I really enjoyed this project, and can't wait until fall, when we will talk about another collaborative project.

No comments:

Post a Comment