Friday, November 27, 2009

Another scrappy project


I hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving. It is important to pause and think about all the things we tend to take for granted.





As I have said before,  I love making projects from scraps. I rarely throw things away, and I almost never regret it.

While going through some scrap boxes, I found these pieces that I had used years ago, when I was making "wearables." 

I made jackets and vests and tunics, and they often had panels down the front or back. Although I enjoyed making them, it was often the case that the person who wanted a particular piece would want it bigger, or smaller, or a different color. 

So at some point, I started making wall hangings - "One Size Fits ALL."

But I still had all these pieces cut, too good to throw away. So I made this runner, and it will be a Christmas gift for a traditional friend who will probably use it for a table runner. I used it as another opportunity to practice my machine quilting.

Now, after a break, I am ready to return to my big project, and keep working toward my December 4 deadline...

Have a great weekend!  








No comments:

Post a Comment